Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Help unwed moms in Korea

Being a single mom has got to be tough, but being a Korean single mom has got to be even tougher. I caught wind of this. I've got some useless baby stuff sitting around at this very moment. It's a spring donation drive for unwed moms in Korea.


Spring is just around the corner! Therefore it’s time to empty out closets, dressers, cupboards etc! ^.^ This sunday from 1-5 Miss Mamma Mia an unwed mother’s organization, is having a clothing, things/necessity type of drive. They are looking for pretty much anything that would be helpful! Kitchen supplies, Baby clothes, women’s clothes, books, bags, etc. So if you would like to donate to their organization please let me know as soon as possible. Please email shinjooae@gmail.com the item that you would like to donate. As I will then ask the moms if there is anyone who needs/or wants that item. If it is needed, this Sunday March 14 between 1-5 you will need to drop it off at the Single Parent Support Center near Daelim Station line 2 and 7. However if you absolutely cannot make it at that time we can try to arrange another way to get the item to the mother in need. Thank you for your generousity and supporting the mothers of Miss Mamma Mia!!! And again please don’t forget to email me the item(s) that you want to donate as the donations are accepted on a “need basis” as they do not have a space to keep any unwanted/uneeded items.
Joo Ae
shinjooae@gmail.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for thinking of the moms in Korea. They have it really tough. Any consideration and help for them and their families means so much! ^^

Anonymous said...

Hm hm.. that's quiet interessting but frankly i have a hard time determining it... wonder how others think about this..

Sarah said...

@Anonymous: You have a hard time determining what, exactly? It seems pretty cut and dry to me. Single moms here must face a lot of discrimination due to social stigma. They probably need all the help they can get.

Lolimahro said...

I'm not sure if my last post went through, but here it goes:

Thanks for posting this! I had heard about this organization before but forgot the name. I'd really like to donate a few things.

BTW, I got my gmarket voucher after all. How about you?

Sarah said...

Yes, I finally got it! Whew....I posted a lot of links, and so did you!