Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's a new year

Thank goodness. In 2009, I had Grace, and that's the only good thing that happened to me. It was a strange year and we've had some pretty bad luck. I've really been looking forward to 2010 for a fresh start.

Here are a few of my resolutions:

-Lose weight. Yes, I realize that is probably the most popular resolution, and the one most quickly forgetten, but in my case, it will be a success! I've probably already lost a couple of pounds since I left Canada, since I'm not eating my parents' really good cooking. I have been cooking healthy meals for Grace, and eating them myself, and snacking a lot less. I've had no chips, cookies, or ice cream since I got back.

-Learn how to cook. It's about time, and Grace needs to eat healthy food. I've learned a few dishes already and I've written down the recipes for a few more. I've got no choice on this one. I have been enjoying trying to cook so far.

-Make more time for myself. I think a once a week shopping excursion would be doable and Grace would get by just fine with Sejin, especially now that she's not nursing as much and plays with toys and books so much better now. I think some social interaction with other adults would do me a lot of good.

Those are the big ones I can think of right now. I'm off to get some rest while I can. Grace has been going through some serious sleep regression and I'm feeling pretty draggy these days.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

San said...

Happy New year!!!!