Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's decided

Next week I will start weaning Grace. It has become clear to me that I will not get any sleep if I continue to allow her to nurse on demand, so it must come to an end. I feel bad for her, but I don't think many people have felt tiredness like this. She's getting me up about 5-8 times per night. It's just getting worse and worse. If I try to soothe her in another way, she has a major freakout. She is very demanding. I'm through with analyzing it and am ready to stop. It's going to be stressful for both of us, but I think it will be worth it in the end. Let's hope 2010 is the year of much deserved sleep. I hope I can look back on 2009, laugh, and think, how did I get by so long on 3 hours a night?

In other news, Grace did the sign for "sleep" today, totally unexpectedly. A baby on TV was sleeping, and she looked at me and did the sign. It was cute. Somehow I don't think she'll ever use that sign to tell me she wants to go to sleep.

3 comments:

akoto said...

All the best, Sarah! 화이팅!

Lolimahro said...

Wishing you the best in your endeavors! Hopefully Grace will get some good, uninterrupted sleep and get hooked! Then she might start asking for naps...Dexter does this sometimes and I'm hoping that soon we'll be able to just tell him "go to bed" and he'll put himself down. It's probably a long way off, but I can dream!

MommyCha said...

You made it to 1 year and that is awesome! Many moms don't make it that long even without the issues you've had. You should be proud of yourself and go confidently into weaning. I hope things go smoothly for you! HUGS!