Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ah, that's better

Remember my last post about asking for help? Well, I decided to reach out. I am now borrowing a friend's nanny. On Sunday, I was just exhausted...Grace sick as a dog and not sleeping, messy house, piles of dirty laundry, nothing to prepare for dinner. Grace would not tolerate being put down and wanted to be carried all the time. Yikes.

So I asked to borrow a nanny, and within one day, I was feeling 100% better. House clean, laundry clean, some cooked food in the fridge, baby getting better. Aahh... Today I even went for a walk by myself. It was super cold out and I was freezing, but it was so nice to get out and be with my own thoughts.

The only downer is that Grace is seriously attached to me...She doesn't like it when I leave her sight, and is taking it out on the nanny. The nanny said that after I left, she cried, and then went from room to room looking for me. Poor thing. But I have to work again soon, so she's going to have to get used to another caretaker(s). I have a meeting at the publishing company in a week, and I'm actually excited about getting back to work. I think it's going to be hard on Grace, though.

I'm also thinking of doing some classes from the apartment here. I kind of abandoned the idea for a while, but I'm rethinking it now. There are an awful lot of kids around here, and even if it's only a few classes a week, it's some extra money.


~~~~~~~~

A rare and funny thing happened tonight. Grace fell asleep in her high chair. She has never fallen asleep anywhere else but in my arms or in her crib. I think she is pretty tired from not sleeping well due to her cold. She's been coughing a lot in her sleep. I was feeding her warm seolleungtang (beef soup) and she dozed off, so I put her to bed. She woke up a while later and I fed her some yogurt with her medicine mixed in. She perked up and seemed to want to play.

S: No Grace, it's time to go to sleep. (doing sign for *sleep*)
G: (smiles; sign for *eat*)

It was too cute...and scary. This kid is trying to fool me already.

2 comments:

Lolimahro said...

It's so great to get some rest! We get to take Dex back to his daycare on Monday and I am trying to figure out what I will do with the "free" time. Maybe I'll finally get to finish my own mittens...

Glad to hear that you are getting the rest you need and that Grace is getting better and signing so well!

San said...

Naughty kid!!! Look at the glee in her eyes!