Some memorable events from the wedding:
- The wedding officiator decided last minute that he did not want to say the ceremony in both English and Korean (it had been fully translated into English). After much freaking out by me, the show went on in both languages.
- Sejin's friend, the MC, made a joke that the groom would now sing a song to the bride. Sejin decided, Sure, why not? and proceeded to sing a Korean love song unaccompanied by any instruments -- the whole song. During the song, his father, who was seated behind and to the right of us, kept shouting, Stop! Stop! You're embarrassing me!- My parents bowed.
- Sejin did a low bow to both his parents and mine (which is tradition). He warned my father beforehand not to laugh when this happened.
- The wedding planner people misplaced our Precious Moments cake toppers of a Caucasian bride and Asian groom my mom had brought over from Canada. We eventually got them to locate the toppers after many confusing phone calls.
- I rode a roller coaster with my friends before heading to a nearby establishment where close guests met us for drinks, food, and eventually, noraebanging (karaoke).What did we do to celebrate this special day? We took Grace for a vaccination, ate lunch next door at Homeplus, and Sejin went off to work until 12:00 a.m. There's always next year...