Friday, May 15, 2009

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

I want to run around my little apartment and do the dance of joy -- but I won't because Grace is sleeping!!!!!

The most exciting part of this is that she fell asleep by herself tonight for the first time! I had been nursing her for quite a while tonight, as usual, and finally I put her down awake because I was tired out -- break needed. I walked out and went online (as usual) and I don't hear anything... A quick check...and she's sleeping! I don't care if she sleeps 10 minutes or 10 hours -- she did it herself. I don't expect her to do this every night of course, but baby steps, baby steps... progress is being made.

She's been quite wild these days. She has realized that she has complete control over her legs. She reminds me of a little monkey. She rubs her feet together non-stop all day (baby socks don't stay on!) and tenses up her legs when I pick her up. Before she falls asleep in her crib she lifts her legs and slams them down repeatedly. It's been a crazy week, but I'm proud of myself for making it through with very little sleep (she's up every 2 hours at night) and yet sanity intact. Amazing.

3 comments:

Mama Seoul said...

Congratulations! Savor the victory!

Bethany said...

That's awesome! Way to go, Grace! And way to go, Sarah (for not losing your mind)!

not-so-quiet mom said...

Ah, the guillotine kick! That's what I call the move that Grace is doing before bed. It's really great when baby does that during diaper changes ; )