Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blossoms

Went out today with friends to catch the cherry blossoms at Children's Grand Park. They come and go really fast, so it's important to go and see them as soon as you know they're out. It was "snowing" petals from the trees today, so they'll be gone in a couple of days. What a beautiful day it was.
I really didn't feel like going this morning. Grace had a really weird day. Usually she goes down for naps relatively easy if I catch her "sleepy moments." Today she only had a 1/2 hour nap before we left, so I was sure it was going to be a disaster. She didn't do too bad though. We stopped to rest a couple of times and she was fine.

One thing I found out is that it's hard to do this stuff by yourself if you want to take a stroller. I had Grace in the carrier on my front, a backpack on my back, and the stroller to carry. Walking around the park was fine once I was unpacked, but getting there and home was exhausting without SJ there to help.

I found the spot that SJ and I got married. It was the first time I'd been there since that day, almost 4 years ago. Doesn't look quite the same, of course. It was May, so the trees were more lush and of course it was decorated. I never thought four years ago that I'd still be here in Korea, especially not with a baby!

Four years ago:


Today:

1 comment:

Mama Seoul said...

I tagged you for the Around the World in 80 Clicks meme: 5 Things You Love About Being a Mom

http://cairomama.blogspot.com/2009/04/around-world-in-80-clicks.html