Wednesday, April 8, 2009

3 month update

Grace is 3 months old.
Overall, it's been good. I'm lucky to have such a happy and healthy baby. I had some breastfeeding issues (more like insecurities), but they're all worked out now, just as everyone told me they would. I give Grace a formula bottle once in a while in the evening when she needs it. I'm okay with that and so is she. Her sleep patterns are improving. In general she's strong, curious, and happy, and that's all that matters.

We took her to the pediatrician today and it was a relief to hear she's 6.7 kg...that's slightly above average weight for her age. I was concerned that she was pooping too many diapers per day...friends of mine say their babies only poop about one diaper a day at this point. Poor Grace poops 4 or 5. The doctor said, yes, it's a little abnormal, but not "bad abnormal." She just eats a lot, so she poops a lot. I think this is where my breastfeeding insecurities stemmed from. Grace eats sooo much during the day, I've got nothing left for her come evening. I'm very happy I can see all this now, because I thought I was doing something wrong, or there was something wrong with me. It turns out, everything is fantastic. She's got a huge appetite and I've been struggling to keep up with it, but I'm focusing on enjoying it for the time being.

So everything is great in our little world in Dongdaemun-gu. Terribly loud construction going on, but what else is new in Korea? Tomorrow we're going to Children's Grand Park to see the cherry blossoms, so I hope to have some pretty pictures to post! :)
Oh, finished a project finally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was that the amputee?
Fantastic news about Grace being healthy albeit poopy.
See you tomorrow at 11 ^^