Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Scary Santa

We took Grace to a Christmas event put on by the German Embassy in Seoul on Sunday. I knew it wasn't going to be that great, but seriously, we had nothing to do. Grace had been indoors the entire day on Saturday and wanted to get out. Costco and Homeplus are zoos on Sundays, and I've become disappointed in my local kids cafe, so what else is there? So I bundled up little Grace (it was really really cold) and we headed for Seoul on subway.When we arrived, we took a quick tour of the entire set up, which stretched an amazing 20 meters. There was German food, beer, and wine, and some Christmas crafts. I would have taken more pictures, but Grace had a meltdown after meeting Santa. She clung to me like a cat and actually did not respond to us for a little while after. She was very deep in thought. Since Sunday she has repeatedly told us (in Korean), "I don't like Ho-ho." We ended up leaving the event after about 15 minutes and had lunch at a Japanese restaurant. Since Grace enjoys eating above all else, this was the perfect way to put the encounter behind us.

No comments: