Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thinking about Maedeup

I've been really wanting to get back into maedeup again. I started learning the knots and was doing okay, but I got swamped with work and had to put it down for a while. I knit and crochet while I am swamped because I'm experienced with those and so they don't require a lot of extra brain power. But maedeup is different. You really have to think about what you're doing, especially when tightening. Some of the knots took me several hours to finally get. I'm sure after a bit of practice they won't take quite that long to do, but at least when you're starting out, maedeup is not easy. But the result is so beautiful.

Yes, so I am swamped. Finished one book, as noted in a previous post, and currently finishing up another. I'll be starting the teacher's guide for this most recent book in the next couple of days, as well as some editing on the side. I'm also writing some samples for a really short term project I hope to get. Life seems a little out-of-control right now, but in another month I'll probably have nothing left to work on and I'll look into teaching some more classes. Laundry is piling up and spring cleaning still needs to be done, but I'm forcing myself to let it go (within reason) until I can breathe again.

No comments: