Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tests good

The latest blood test came back and Grace's thyroid level has dropped quite a lot. The doctor said it looks like she won't need medicine. It's still a little higher than normal, so we're going back for another blood test in two weeks. It looks good.

Grace has been really good. I mean, I'm tired as heck, but she's not a crier. When she wants to eat, she lets me know, I feed her, she drops off to sleep or looks quietly around. The only challenging bit has been that she seems to like to wake up around 11 at night and then do a marathon feeding session 'til around 2 or 3 am or until she's ready to go to sleep. Any attempt to interrupt this long meal will result in crying.

I can't believe she's nearly 3 weeks old already. I can see her growing. She has more fat around her neck and thighs, and her hands and feet are noticeably larger. I can't tell for sure, but I've also noticed that in her alert time, she seems to be "seeing" more. She looks at people when they speak and she even looked at a toy curiously the other day. Her strength is growing too. She can hold up her head longer each day.

1 comment:

Rebecca R said...

lemme no wen u & ur dumpling r visiting;-)