Saturday, December 29, 2007

Grandpa Jo's Birthday

The year is ending off well. Although I'm burning out at work, the end is so near. I shouldn't say "the end" because I will more than likely continue to work with my company. We're just going to have different arrangements. Those will be clear hopefully this week after a meeting with my boss. He's been in meetings these days about a possible merger, which could affect upcoming projects. I'm not too worried though, as my boss and I both want to continue to work with each other. I'm pretty optimistic about 2008.

Today was a nice day. I woke up late, had a coffee, and started a new doilie. That's my kind of morning. I decided to try White Fan Doilie. So far, not bad. My plan is to finish a project in my WIP basket, then make a doilie, the another WIP, etc, until all my WIPs are done. I want to get some hibernating WIPs out of the way so I can start knitting up all my old yarn and then not feel guilty about buying new stuff.
An Inspired Lace Scarf is done! I'm soooo happy with it. For a while, I was considering scrapping it because first I thought it looked ugly, and then I was having trouble sewing the motifs together...I was really close to packing it in. But the final product is much better than I had expected, so I'm a happy hooker. This is a pattern that I wouldn't mind doing again in a different yarn.
Today we went to Sejin's "small" aunt and uncle's place in Shiheung. It was a bit of a trek to get there, but we had a nice time. It was his grandfather's birthday, so the whole family was there. I was especially happy to see little Seoyun. Her and I hit it off right away a few years ago when we first met. She's always really happy to see me, and strangely enough, doesn't find it odd that I don't speak Korean very well. She was the proud recipient of petunia the pig, which I found out tonight, has a special place right on her living room sofa! Even more exciting tonight was meeting her little brother, Seojin. What a cute little boy.

Tomorrow I may try to make it to stitch n bitch. It's been quite a while and since I last went, and I hardly know anyone -- maybe one person, but probably a good reason to go. I hear it's going to be a really cold one though, so I hope that doesn't make me too lazy...

No comments: