Friday, December 28, 2007

Challenge to myself

I'm here at the office...it's almost 3:30pm on a Friday afternoon. I've just realized that I haven't been very productive these days. I think I'm dealing with burn out. I've got two other Internet windows open -- Ravelry, and Facebook. I was thinking. I wonder how much work I could get done in an hour if I didn't surf at the same time. So, a little experiment (and I'm writing about it here to hold myself accountable).

So, I will close down my unnecessary Internet windows now and see how much work I can get done by... say... 5:00. That's 1 1/2 hours. I'll edit this post at 5:00 to report how many pages I've written.

3:29 p.m. - START!

5:09 p.m. - Times up...

Well, not a bad experiment. I got 5 pages done in 1 1/2 hours. That must be a record for the last couple of months. I've been slowing down a lot. But the end of this project is finally in sight --> 3 more books after this one...ouch.

No comments: