Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Moved in...sort of

We're in. But things are not where they're supposed to be. In the past, I would just work really hard for a couple of days, pulling some late nights to get it all done. But now I have one serious limitation that starts with a G.

Poor Grace is not adjusting as well as I thought she would. Serious trouble sleeping - nap time and night time. She is in some realm of overtiredness I did not think existed. Excellent fun. She hasn't cried a whole lot since birth, but in the last couple days she has been so whiny and there has been crying. She must be thinking, When are we going home?? Tonight she crashed at 8:00 and has woken up three times since then and it's now 10:00. Somewhere in that time I made the final decision not to have any more children.

I'm too tired to write more. Unfortunately I am not really looking forward to our trip to Canada in one week (sorry mom and dad...). I am traveling across the planet with a cranky overtired baby that can only nurse to sleep. That should be an interesting blog post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. Sorry to hear Grace is not settling in well. I know how you must be worrying about her, and also feeling tired yourself.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

You are lucky that Grace hasn't cried a whole lot since birth.

It seems like some babies(mine) don't stop crying since birth...when it comes to sleep issues anyway.
I empathize, those screams and tears will send you towards the decision that baby #1 will be the last. :(

As people have said before Grace will surprise you in your travel to Canada and things will go smoothly!
Gisela