Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yep, still here

I do have online time in the evenings after Grace goes to bed, but I have not had the energy to post here. I think that will change once work gets done and we actually make the move. I'm a little overwhelmed right now with all that needs to be done. I've been trying to see as many friends as possible before I go, keep up with work, pack, and devote some time to planning my future. I also set aside a little bit of time for reading/crafting...but lately I have no time at all for that.

On top of all this craziness, last week Grace came down sick with hand, foot, and mouth disease...a bit of a tough case, too. She was in a lot of pain and couldn't eat for several days. I had to feed her liquids with a medicine syringe, and even that was painful for her. The week was tough. It was all the more stressful because during the week I received emails from two publishers requesting materials, that I admit, were overdue. I had no way of catching up on this work while nursing Grace to health, so just had to do some deep breathing and finally, the week came to an end. Grace has recovered and is making up for lost time by acting sillier than ever. I'm happy to see her so happy, but I'm itching to get to work tomorrow and get caught up with things.

That's where we stand. Departure is July 21 and I am very nervous. I have an incredibly long list of things to do before we go including finishing entire books, packing and shipping our belongings, and wrapping up countless last minute things. It would help if husband were around more to help, but unfortunately he's a slave to his job and has been working 7 days a week. This leaves me almost like a single mom at times and is pretty frustrating. But we keep positive and remind ourselves that that's what this move is all about.

Grace is recovered and back to making a mess.


Fauna said...

Glad to hear Grace has recovered. Guess who has it now? Yes Jayden.@@ But he just has a fever, nothing serious.

I guess you only have 20 days left in Korea? I would be nervous too but excited. I hope to see you before you leave, if not I'll see you on FB.^^

Sarah said...

Oh, Fauna, that's too bad. I hope he doesn't get the sores. Grace didn't get them the first time around, so you might get lucky.

I was going to try to come to lunch on Wednesday, but I might not be able to make it. Hmmmm, I still may have a going away lunch on the weekend before I go. I'll keep you posted.

Fauna said...

Sarah, I was thinking J had it easy. He's gonna go to school tomorrow... then you said the first time around. I thought they could only get it once. Sigh.

We might be trying to have lunch again this Wed - the last two weeks everyone has cancelled. I'll let you know.^^