Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Projects

I've started two new projects this week. The first is a crochet granny square bag. But it's not as cheesy as it sounds. The construction is really neat. I'm making it from some mercerized cotton I bought at Dongdaemun. So far I'm loving it. It's the perfect project to do around Grace because it's just small squares and it doesn't matter if it gets ripped back a bit. It's so simple. Plus, I've never done granny squares before. They're kind of fun. Maybe I should do a cozy granny square blanket. Man, I'm going to make a great grandmother some day, I just know it.

The second is a cardigan from the free vintage knitting site. I was going to do Mr. Greenjeans, which is a really nice (and very popular) pattern, but I wanted to try something a little bit out of the ordinary. There is more knitting and construction involved in the pattern I chose, but I think I will like the finished product better. I won't provide links just yet. I'll wait and see if I follow through with these things.

As for crocus doily...ugh. It is so boring I can't bear to look at it. But I'm on round 23 of 25. The rounds take forever now. There are hundreds of triple crochets with this tiny thread in each round. I will finish it eventually. It's just too boring right now.

No comments: